1 package Fettuccine or pasta of choice
2 bags fresh spinach, washed
2 c. pistachios shelled and stripped
4 c. prepared coconut milk
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. chicken-style seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic granules
1/4 tsp. onion granules
2 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 package coconut cream (opt.)
1. Blend pistachios in fresh coconut milk with half of the chopped onion
and one clove of chopped garlic. This mixture should be completely smooth;
everything should be well blended. Use 2 cups coconut milk to process each
cup of pistachios.
2. Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8 – 10 minutes or until tender,
but not too soft. Drain.
3. While pasta is cooking, place spinach in skillet, cover with a lid and
steam over medium heat until it’s almost tender. (No need to add water.)
Drain and set aside until needed.
4. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the pistachio mixture to a boil. You
may add the remaining onion and garlic at this point. Monitor the heat
carefully to avoid burning the sauce. When it comes to a boil, add the
spinach. Add the seasonings, adjusting to taste. Add the coconut cream if
5. Place rinsed pasta in a skillet and heat with a little olive oil and
sprinkle with parsley. Spread sauce over the pasta and serve.
**Canned coconut milk instead of fresh coconut can be used for ease of
preparation. Adjust the seasonings to taste. *